Welcome to the ACA’s handgun familiarization class. One of our top priorities at the ACA is to instill the characteristics necessary for a lifetime of safe, proficient, responsible gun ownership and use. It is our belief that these characteristics are a learned behavior which require a strong foundation and open mind. Our LTC Prep Class is the cornerstone of that strong foundation for our students. For beginners and experienced shooters, this class delivers an education and foundation that creates confidence in your ability to own and operate a handgun. While we consider this a basic handgun course, it is fully loaded with valuable information that even many experienced shooters do not have.
IN THE LICENSE TO CARRY (LTC) PREP CLASS, WE WILL COVER:
- ACA Firearms safety and range rules
- Familiarization with the operations of the semi auto handgun and / or the revolver
- Loading/Unloading Ammo (Magazines & Cylinders)
- Grip, Indexing, trigger finger placement, and trigger control
- Isosceles Stance vs Weaver Stance
- Managing recoil and cadence
- Sight picture and sight alignment (Eye Dominance)
- Proper and efficient mag changes
- Clearing malfunctions / failure drills
At the end of your LTC prep class you will fire from three distances required in the 50 round shooting proficiency test of the License To Carry class. This will give you a great feeling to know were you stand in passing your LTC class.